See also Canada - General Cancer Resources (in InterNet Resources for Cancer)
See also Resources by Disease Type
- Brain Tumor Foundation of Canada A national, not-for-profit organization, founded in 1982 to provide support to people affected by brain tumors. The Web site has both English and French language pages which provide details of the organisation, its services, events, collaborations.
- Camp Quality Canada, Inc (Canada) A national non-profit, volunteer organization providing a camping experience and year round support program for children with cancer and their families. The Web site has details of the program, locations, and how to become a camper or volunteer.
- Camp Trillium (Ontario, Canada) childhood cancer support centre with a range of programmes throughout Ontario. This includes camps for children and families, young adults 17-21, training programmes etc.
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Canada (Canada) This site provides details about the foundation and includes a comprehensive resource center with details of booklets, vidios, and other support material.
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Trust of Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. (Canada) a non-profit organisation established in 1988 as part of the Candlelighters Canada network.Details of support meetings, events, newsletter etc.
- Childhood Central Nervous System Tumours (Health Canada) in the booklet "This Battle Which I Must Fight"
- Childhood Lymphomas (Health Canada) in the booklet "This Battle Which I Must Fight"
- Children Coping With Grief and Dying A list of books about death, loss, illness, and hope for Children and their Caregivers, by Lee Anne Phillips
- Children's Oncology Goup (COG) COG was formed by the merger of 4 major research organizations (CCG, POG, NWTS and IRSG). Member institutions treat nearly 90% of children with cancer in the USA and Canada, there are also centers in Australia and Switzerland.
- Families of Children with Cancer (Toronto, Canada) a registered charity run by volunteers to provide education, support and advocacy for families affected by childhood cancer. FCC is linked with Toronto Hospital for Sick Children, the site has details of FCC, newsletter, library etc
- Fanconi Canada - Canadian Fanconi Anemia Research Fund A non-profit organization which raises money for research into finding a cure and/or treatments for Fanconi Anemia. The Web site includes information about FA, news, FA family stories, and details of funded research.
- James Birrell's Web site / James Birrell Fund for Neuroblastoma James has been battling with neuroblastoma since he was 3. His adventurous Web site includes updates, pictures, information about neuroblastoma, a guestbook, and fundraising linked with the Sick Kids Hospital of Ontario.
- Jeffrey's Folks Cancer Link (Canada) Jeffrey's Folks is a support group for families touched by childhood cancer. The site includes a quarterly newsletter which is part-funded by the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta (Canada) a non-profit organisation providing camping programs and other projects for children with a history of cancer and their siblings in Alberta. Programs are run in cooperation with the pediatric oncology centers of Calgary and Edmonton.
- Kingston Regional Cancer Centre - Children's Cancer Program (Ontario, Canada) This page has details of the Pediatric Oncology division at KRCC including details of support services for patients/parents such as "Almost Home" accomodation, School Reintegration Program, and library facility.
- Making Cancer Less Painful - A Handbook for Parents (Killam Children's Hospital / Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) a booklet by PJ. McGrath PhD, G.A Finley MD FRCPC, CJ. Turner RN MN, 1992.
- Nava's Story - Beckwith Weidemann Syndrome Read Nava's story in the Band-Aides and Blackboards Web site.
- Neuroblastoma (Health Canada) in the booklet "This Battle Which I Must Fight"
- Pediatric Pain (Canada) This sites is by the IWK Grace Health Centre / Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia. It contains information for professionals and self-help information for parents.
- Stephanie's Fight Against Leukemia (Ontario, Canada) This is the home page of Stephanie, who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at age 4. The site by Stephanies's Dad includes a daily diary, pictures, and personal accounts of chemotherapy.
- Taber's Journey This is the Web site of Taber from British Columbia, Canada. The site includes a journal of Taber's experiences and his treatment for leukemia, photo gallery, and links.
- This Battle Which I Must Fight - Cancer in Canada's Children and Teenagers (Health Canada) English and French language. An on-line booklet with illustrations. Includes information about childhood cancer, causes, treatment, feelings, and support. There is information on specific cancers.
Back to the Menu