- Disease Specific Resources
- Specialist Journals
- National Childhood Cancer Organisations
- Oncology Resources for Health Professionals
- Medical and Research Specialities
- Childhood Cancer Epidemiology
- Other Information for Health Professionals
See also List of Resources by Disease Type
See also Treatment and Medical Specialities (in InterNet Resources for Cancer)
- NCI News (National Cancer Institute) News about recent research results at NCI
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Hematology/Oncology (USA) This section of AAP was formed in 1975 to improve the care of infants, children, and adolescents with cancer. This page on the AAP website provides a brief overview of the section and membership information.
- Amsterdam School of Paediatric Oncology (Netherlands) ASPO is an initiative of the Department of Paediatric Oncology in the Emma Kinderziekenhuis AMC Hospital. The Web site includes details of courses Masterclasses and Graduate courses in paediatric oncology.
- Cancer Among Adolescents 15-19 Years Old (USA) Part of a SEER report on cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents; 1975-1995. PDF format.
- Cancer Among Infants (USA) Part of a SEER report on cancer incidence and survival among children and adolescents; 1975-1995. PDF format.
- Cancer Incidence and Survival among Children and Adolescents (USA) a detailed report from the SEER Program, 1975-1995, including disease specific chapters in PDF format.
- Cancer Registry of Rhineland-Palatinate (Mainz, Germany) This registry covers a population of 4 million with about 18,000 cancer cases each year. The Web site has details about the registry and publications. English and German language.
- Childhood Cancer Research Nurses Group (CCRNG) (UK) A national group founded in 1996 to provide a professional forum for nurses working in research posts in children’s cancer centres. This is a sub-group of the Paediatric Oncology Nurses Forum.
- Genetic Disease in Offspring of Long-Term Survivors of Childhood and Adolescent Cancer (American Journal of Human Genetics, vol 62, 1998) a large study of adult survivors of childhood cancer treated before 1976 found no significant differences in the proportion of offspring with genetic defects.
- German Childhood Cancer Registry This registry, based in Mainz, covers a population of 13.2 million children with cases for Western Germany from 1980 and for Eastern Germany since 1991. The Web site includes details of research studies and publications. English and German language.
- International seminar : Cancer in Children: Challenges and Controversies A British Council International Seminar, 30 January to 4 February 2000, London, UK. For paediatric oncologists and associated health professionals looking at controversial issues and reviewing new and future developments.
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (Saudi Arabia) details of programs and staff who treat around 300 new pediatric cancer patients each year, mostly at the KFSHRC Children's Cancer Centre.
- Krebsregister Rhineland-Palatinate (Mainz, Germany)
- Local Control of Pediatric Sarcomas of Bone (Bone Cancer Research Fund, Indiana University) Short paper by Bruce T. Rougraff, M.D., Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Pathology
- NBL-PROF - Neuroblastoma On-line Research Forum An international Email discussion list for those involved in treatment and research into neuroblastoma open to basic scientists, physicians, epidemiologists, clinical trialists, and others involved in neuroblastoma research.
- Palliative Care for Children Physician's information. (Work Group on Palliative Care For Children) Originally published in Death Studies, 17(3), 277-280.
- Pediatric Branch of the National Cancer Institute (USA) This site contains information about NCI pediatric oncology protocols and research, clinical trials, FAQ, referral information, Children's Inn and links.
- Pediatric Pain (Canada) This sites is by the IWK Grace Health Centre / Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia. It contains information for professionals and self-help information for parents.
- Pediatric Tumors - 3-D Visualization and Volumetric Measurements (Division of Physiologic Imaging, University of Iowa) by Susanne Shamsolkottabi, Simon Kao, M.D. and Eric Hoffman, Ph.D.
- Physician's statement for Antiemetic Therapy (START, European School of Oncology) Referenced statement including a sections on prevention iof Emesis induced by chemotherapy, induced by radiotherapy, and emesis prevention in children. [Go to Chapters]
- Proceedings of the Tumor Boards-Division of Pediatrics - Levit Institute (MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, USA)
- Society for Pediatric Pathology
- The Pediatric Cancer Quality of Life Inventory-32 (PCQL-32). II.Feasibility... Varni JW, et al. J Behav Med 1999; 22(4):397-406
- UK Cancer Cytogenetics Group The UKCCG was formed in 1988 to provide a forum for clinical cytogeneticists working on leukaemias and solid tumours. The web site includes details of UKCCG research projects, abstracts, meetings, contacts and links.
Back to the Menu