Camps (18 links)
See also Support Groups and Other Organisations
- Children's Oncology Camping Association, International COCA-Intl. was set up with the purpose of promoting excellence in oncology camping programs providing education and sharing ideas and information. The site includes a directory of camps (mostly North America) and links.
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (USA) a non-profit "wild west" camp founded in 1988 for children with cancer or blood diseases. It is based in Connecticut and has over 900 children from 7 to 15 yrs each year from the USA and other countries around the world).
- Arizona Camp Sunrise (USA) Provide free programs for children in Arizona who have or have had cancer, and for their brothers and sisters. Have held an annual summer camp in July for 8 - 15 year olds since 1983.
- Camp Cancer - for Kids with Cancer -a virtual camp !
- Camp Dream Street (USA) a summer camping program for children between the ages of 6 and 16 with cancer and other blood diseases. It is open to children from Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
- Camp Good Days and Special Times, Inc (USA) a non-profit organization which runs camps at Keuka Lake, Central NY for children and adults affected by cancer or HIV. Kid's camps include siblings and children who's parents have cancer. The site has details of programs, camp calendar etc.
- Camp Smile-A-Mile's (Alabama, USA) a voluntary organisation providing recreational and educational experiences for young cancer patients from across Alabama at no cost to their families. The site includes information about events, fundraising etc.
- Camp Sunshine (Georgia, USA) founded in 1983 as a summer camp for children with cancer, now offering a range of programmes for children and families.
- Camp Sunshine - Point Sebago (MA/ME, USA) a non-profit organisation established in 1984 to provide a retreat for critically ill children and their families. Now buiding a permanent facility. The camp is run in assocation with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Maine Medical Center
- Camp Trillium (Ontario, Canada) childhood cancer support centre with a range of programmes throughout Ontario. This includes camps for children and families, young adults 17-21, training programmes etc.
- Camp-Make-A-Dream Children's Oncology Camp Foundation - cost-free camp program (CAMP MAK-A-DREAM) for children with cancer. (USA)
- Chai Lifeline/ Camp Simcha (USA) a not-for-profit organization founded in 1986 by Rabbi Simcha Scholar. providing support for children and their families who are coping with life-threatening illnesses. Programs include camps, counseling, education and financial assistance.
- Childhood Leukemia Foundation (USA) A national non-profit organization based in New Jersey. The Web site includes details of services including camp scolarships and financial assistance.
- Indian Summer Camp (Kentucky, USA) a camp for children ages 7 to 17 who have or have had cancer. The site includes details of camps; past and present, mission statement, links etc.
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta (Canada) a non-profit organisation providing camping programs and other projects for children with a history of cancer and their siblings in Alberta. Programs are run in cooperation with the pediatric oncology centers of Calgary and Edmonton.
- Orange County Foundation for Oncology Children and Families (OCF-OCF) (California, USA) An all-volunteer organisation formed in 1982 serving pediatric cancer patients and their families in Orange County. This web site gives details of the events the OCF-OCF support, in particular their summer camp for cancer kids.
- Special Love / Camp Fantastic (Virginia, USA) Founded in1983 by parents whose daughter had leukemia to address the needs of children with cancer and their families. Programs include Camp Fantastic for chidren with cancer and activities for siblings, young adults with cancer.....
- YAHOO - List of Camps 10 links listed at 05/99
Back to the Menu