Menu: USA Children's Cancer Resource Directory
Resources by State
Resources by Disease Type
Some of the major US cooperative groups involved in childhood cancer research are merging to form the Children's Oncology Group (COG).
This is an amalgimation of The Children's Cancer Group, The Intergroup Rhabdomyoscarcoma Study Group, The National Wilms' Tumor Study Group and The Pediatric Oncology Group. COG had its first formal meeting in April 2000.
See also International Organisations
See also USA Cancer Resources (General) (in InterNet Resources for Cancer)
- American Brain Tumour Association (USA) A non-profit organisation founded in 1973 dedicated to the elimination of brain tumors through research and patient education services.
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (USA) ASPHO was founded in 1981 and is a professional society dedicated to the study and treatment of childhood cancer and promote care, education and research. The web site includes details of membership, meetings, resources etc
- Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation, Inc. This organisation, formerly know as Aplastic Anemia Foundation of America was founded in 1983. It provides a resource directory for patient assistance, produces educational material and supports research into AA and MDS.
- Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses (USA) APON is a non-profit organisation formed in 1976 and has members in the US, Canada, and other countries. The site provides details of services for members including a journal, newsletter, publications, and continuing education.
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation (USA) The CCCF is a non-profit organisation which aims to educate, support, serve, and advocate for families of children with cancer, survivors, and health professionals. CCCF was founded in 1970 now has over 43,000 members worldwide.
- Children's Brain Tumor Foundation (USA) The CBTF is a non-profit organization founded by families, friends and physicians of children with brain tumors; the foundation raises funds for research. This site includes details of services and events, and articles about brain tumours
- Children's Oncology Goup (COG) COG was formed by the merger of 4 major research organizations (CCG, POG, NWTS and IRSG). Member institutions treat nearly 90% of children with cancer in the USA and Canada, there are also centers in Australia and Switzerland.
- Children's Oncology Group Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee (COG STS) (USA) COG STS is funded by the National Cancer Institute and conducts research into rhabdomyosarcoma. The web site includes material for public and health professionals including details about the disease and information about clinical trials.
- Foundation for the Children's Oncology Group (formerly the National Childhood Cancer Foundation) (USA) The FCOG is a non-profit organization which supports pediatric cancer treatment and research projects in association with The Children's Oncology Group (COG). This site includes information, inspiring stories, news, and links to WWW resources.
- National Children's Cancer Society (USA) NCCS is a non-profit organization founded in 1987 which provides direct financial support to children (to age 18) with cancer and their families. The site includes details of the NCCS International Program, events, services and donations.
- National Children's Leukemia Foundation (USA) The NCLF is a non-profit organization providing services, support, and referrals for leukemia patients and their families.The site provides details of their telephone help line, and information on various topics related to childhood leukemia.
- National Retinoblastoma Research and Support Foundation (USA) A support group established by parents and friends of children treated at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. The NRRSF aims to establish a national network to provide support to parents with children affected by retinoblastoma.
- National Wilms' Tumor Study Group (USA) The NWTSG is a national collaborative group established in 1969. NWTSG runs clinical trials and other research with the aim of improving treatment for Wilms' tumor. The site includes a detailed bibliography, FAQ and patient information.
- Neuroblastoma Children's Cancer Society (USA) The NCCS is a non-profit organization dedicated to fund-raising, support, research, and advocacy for children with neuroblastoma and families. Members of the society are mainly parents or relatives of children diagnosed with neuroblastoma.
- New Approaches to Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT) (USA) This is a consortium of Universities and Childrens Hospitals funded by the National Cancer Institute to test new therapies for neuroblastoma, in phase I trials. The Web site includes details of research, member institutions, news etc.
- Pediatric Oncology Group (USA) POG is a National Cancer Institute-sponsored cooperative clinical trials group of over 100 centers dedicated to controlling cancer among children and adolescents. The site details protocols, institutions, links, plus a members area.
- The Children’s Cause, Inc (USA) Founded in 1999 to provide an independent consumer-based advocacy voice of families and survivors on national policies affecting research, health care, and services for childhood cancer. The Web site includes policy issues, news from Congress etc.
Back to the Menu
List of Resources by State