See also Information by Disease Type
See also Resources by Location
See also Kids' Home Pages
- Kid's Home at NCI (USA) A parent / patient oriented site. This includes information for parents, links to child oriented pages, and art work by children with cancer.
- National Cancer Institute Research on Causes of Cancer in Children (CancerNet, USA) This factsheet gives an overview of NCI research findings and ongoing studies investigating the causes of childhood cancer.
- Young People With Cancer - A Handbook for Parents (National Cancer Institute, USA) This online guide contains detailed chapters about disease types, treatments, tips for clinic visits and medical procedures, coping with cancer, and a glossary.
- A parent's guide to Children's Cancer (United Kingdom Childrens Cancer Study Group / CancerBacup, UK) an online guide covering diagnosis, treatment etc.
- About Childhood Cancer (NCCF, USA) This section contains information on how childhood cancer is different to adult cancers, cancer facts, clinical trials etc.
- Blood Counts Information for Kids with Cancer (Mary Petersen and Jo Eland, University of Iowa) pages for kids (and anyone else who is interested) explaining blood cells, blood counts and chemotherapy - good graphics
- Cancer and Kids - Meet the Characters (University of Iowa College of Nursing, USA) meet Captain Chemo, Ben Blood, Zapman and others - great graphics. Pages by Mary Schlapkohl, Jim Schlapkohl and Jo Eland. Web and PDF formats.
- Cancer Books for Children (Michigan Electronic Library) A large list of books and electronic resources for children.
- CancerSourceKids.com A Web site Founded in 1999 through an alliance with Jones and Bartlett Publishers and Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses. It includes sections for kids, teens, and parents with FAQs
- Captain Chemo's Adventures (Royal Marsden Hospital, UK) A Web site and computer game for young people with cancer. Captain Chemo is a cartoon character created by a former patient. Here you can help to shoot and destroy tumours, answer questions about cancer and more.
- Captain Chemo's quick guide to Children's Cancer (Royal Marsden Hospital, UK) An on-line booklet.
- Cells Are Us - Children's Guide to Cells (ICRF, UK) by Dr Fran Balkwill and Mic Rolph
- Child Cancer Co Provide free home pages for children with cancer.
- Children's Art Project - M. D. Anderson Cancer Center (Texas, USA) a project started in 1974, now with over 80 products (cards, books etc) using children's artwork to raise money for emotional, recreational and educational programs for children at the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- Emotional Aspects of Childhood Leukemia - Online Booklet (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, USA)
- N-BLASTOMA- The Neuroblastoma Online Support Group (ACOR) Email list, includes details of how to join etc.
- NCCS Email List - National Coalition of Cancer Survivorship Electronic Discussion Group Email discussion list
- Pediatric Oncology Resource Center (ACOR, USA) This has been produced by a group of parents of children with cancer. There are sections about the major disease types, treatments and procedures, the signs of childhood cancer, family help, inspirations and online support groups.
- Talking With Your Child About Cancer (USA) An online booklet produced by the National Cancer Institute. It contains advice to parents about how to talk to children about cancer.
- TeenZone - Teenage Cancer Trust (UK) TeenZone is a section of the Teenage Cancer Trust Web site specifically for teenagers. It has areas for an on-line forum, chat, personal pages, games and links.
- This Battle Which I Must Fight - Cancer in Canada's Children and Teenagers (Health Canada) English and French language. An on-line booklet with illustrations. Includes information about childhood cancer, causes, treatment, feelings, and support. There is information on specific cancers.
- UK launches study to follow childhood cancer survivors (British Medical Journal) BMJ 318:626 ( 6 March, 1999) The British Childhood Cancer Survivors' Study will compare rates of illness and cancer among 16 000 survivors and 3000 of their children with rates in the general population.
- We can make it - Teenagers Guide to Beating Cancer (Wessex Cancer Trust, UK) An on-line guide for teenagers with questions and answers about cancer.
- What is a Clinical Trial ? (National Childhood Cancer Foundation, USA) 'From lab to bedside' a brief description of clinical trials.
- When Someone in Your Family Has Cancer (National Institutes of Health / National Cancer Institute, USA) an online booklet for children and family members.
Back to the Menu