Suggest a Site
Site Map and Index
- Anti-Cancer Foundation of South Australia (Australia) A community based charity founded in 1928. The site provides details about the organisation, telephone help-line, facts and figures, and on-line patient booklets.
- Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR) This site contains CancerNet, archives of cancer email lists, and patient oriented web pages.
- Carcinoid Cancer Foundation, Inc non-profit organization chartered by the State of New York supporting research and education on carcinoid tumors and related neuro-endocrine neoplasms.
- Center for Cancer Control Research (Baylor College of Medicine)
- Corporate Angel Network (USA) Non-profit organisation that provides free air transportation to and from recognized US cancer hospitals without regard to their financial resources. The network has helped over 10,000 patients since 1981.
- Foundation for Advanced Cancer Studies (Frederick, USA) non-profit organisation which conducts scientific research conferences and funds research fellowships.
- National Lymphedema Network A non-profit organization founded in 1988 to provide education and guidance to lymphedema patients, health care professionals and the public. The Web site includes news, details of conferences, educational material about primary and secondary lymphedema.
- Osteosarcoma Online - Indiana University Cancer Centre (USA) This is the Web site of the Osteosarcoma Clinical Care and Research Program at Indiana University Cancer Centre. It includes information for patients, family and health professionals.
- Prostate Cancer Charity (UK) A charity launched in 1996 to increase awareness provide support and fund research into prostate cancer, with 12,000 new patients being diagnosed each year in the UK. The site includes information about the prostate, cancer, treatments, FAQ etc
- Solid Tumor Interest Group of the Association for Molecular Pathology
- Tampa Children's Hospital - Children's Cancer Center (Florida, USA) The Children's Cancer Center is a not-for-profit organisation providing emotional, financial and educational support for children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Young Adults Living With Cancer (USA) An organisation dedicated to helping make resources available to young adults who have or have had cancer. "We realize that the concerns that young adults who have cancer face are different than those of older adults."
- Young Professionals Against Cancer (YPAC) YPAC is the fund raising arm of the Orange County Foundation for Oncology Children and Families (OCFOCF).
See also Disease Oriented List of Resources
See also National and International Cancer Organisations
See also Patient's Guides and Home Pages
Go to Hospice Care Resources
Go to Death, Grief, Bereavement
Search Growth House
Growth House contains extensive links to death, grief, and end of life issues. It is possible to search the Growth House database using the forms below. If you want to return to this page after completing your search use your browsers BACK button.
Go to Children's Cancer Web
See also Cancer Centres and Institutes
Go to AIDS Related Cancers
Go to Resources for Caregivers
Go to Women's Cancer and Health Issues
Go to Cancer in Ethnic and Minority Groups
Complementary and alternative (or unorthodox) treatments are outside the scope of generally accepted medical standards of care. Warning: while some unorthodox treatments may have some supporting evidence others may have little or no
scientific evidence to support them, there may be limited research data on therapeutic benefits and safety of these treatments. Inclusion here does not imply any endorsement or recommendation. If you are a patient always discuss treatment issues with
your physician before using any alternative treatments.
See also Levels of Evidence
- FAQ About Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Cancer Treatment (CancerNet) National Cancer Institute
- Beachwood Cancer Care Centre (Stockport, UK) Charity promoting holistic approach for adults with cancer , their families, carers and health professionals.
- Cancer And Complementary Therapies (Bacup, UK) online booklet
- Cancer Chronicles : 'Serious Consideration of Alternative Ideas' This site includes the Cancer Chronicles Newsletter and information about books by Ralph W. Moss.
- Center for Alternative Medicine Research - University of Texas (Texas, USA) A government funded center investigating the effectiveness of alternative/complementary therapies used for cancer prevention and control. The web site includes details of research, detailed reviews, resources and links.
- Complementary Medicine - Menu (OncoLink) This section contains information about a range of specific complementary therapies, answers to frequently asked questions, book reviews, and links to other related resources.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (USA) The Center is part of the National Institutes of Health. It conducts and supports research, training and disseminates information on complementary and alternative medicine. The Web site includes fact sheets, consensus reports and other resources.
- Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Center (RHRC) for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Columbia University, USA)
- The Physician and Unorthodox Cancer Therapies American Society of Clinical Oncology Policy Statement (1996)
- Unconventional Cancer Treatments: Legal Constraints -Availability of Unorthodox ca treatmt U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment, Unconventional Cancer Treatments, OTA-H-405 (Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, September 1990).
See also Quality of Information on the Internet
See also Orthodox Chemotherapy
See also Orthodox Surgery
See also Orthodox Radiotherapy
Go to Psychoscoial Issues
See also Cancer GeneWeb
- Alliance of Genetic Support Groups, Inc A non-profit organisation founded in 1986;a national coalition of consumers, professionals and genetic support groups. The site includes details of AGSG, a Directory of Genetic Organisations, resources, on-line newsletter, publications etc.
- BRCAPRO - software for calculating risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (USA) for health professionals: statistical models and software for genetic counseling of women at high risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer - by Giovanni Parmigiani,
- Cancer Genetics Services Directory - Online Search Form (CancerNet, USA) A directory of licensed genetic counsellors. Providing patients, family, and health professionals with information about cancer risk assessment; availability, appropriateness, and interpretation of genetic susceptibility testing.
- CancerGene - computer program (University of Texas / Duke University) for health professionals: a computer program for estimating the likelihood that a family carries a mutation in one of the cancer predisposition genes BRCA1, BRCA2, MSH2 or MLH1
- Genetic Testing for Cancer Susceptibility Statement of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Journal of Genetic Counseling
- National Society of Genetic Counselors, Inc (USA)
- Understanding Gene Testing (Department of Health and Human Services, USA) a detailed on-line booklet about genetic testing, hereditary diseases, predictive testing, glossary etc.
See also BRCA1 and genetic Counselling
See also RB1 and Genetic Counselling
Go to Material for Children