See also Australia - General Cancer Resources (in InterNet Resources for Cancer)
See also Resources by Disease Type
- 3 Boys Legacy Inc. The Foundation is based in Western Australia and was established in 1998 to promote research into childhood brain cancer. The Web site includes details of events, sponsorship and research projects.
- Camp Quality Australia
- CanTeen (Australia) A national support group founded in 1985 by teenagers It provides support for teenagers and young adults (ages 12-24 yrs) living with cancer and their teenage brothers and sisters. The website includes details of programmes etc.
- Children's Leukaemia and Cancer Research Foundation (Inc) The Foundation was formed by parents of children with cancer, concerned supporters and with the support of the children's hospital to establish a childhood leukaemia and cancer research facility in Western Australia.
- Children's Oncology Goup (COG) COG was formed by the merger of 4 major research organizations (CCG, POG, NWTS and IRSG). Member institutions treat nearly 90% of children with cancer in the USA and Canada, there are also centers in Australia and Switzerland.
- Children’s Cancer Institute Australia (Randwick, New South Wales) Formed in 1976, the Institute is involved in research in conjunction with children's hospitals throughout Australia. The web site includes delatls of research projects, collaborations, publications, history etc.
- Jule's Home Page - A Page for CancerKids by a CancerKid Pages of an ALL patient from Australia
- Kurtis Edward Seaman Kurtis was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in August 1998. He fought long and hard but lost his battle just before his 5th birthday. The Web site includes a journal, photographs and guestbook.
- New Children's Hospital - New South Wales (Australia) A dedicated paediatric hospital, located at Westmead, near Sydney. The Oncology Unit, treats between 120-150 new children with cancer each year. There is an associated Oncology Research Unit undertaking laboratory investigations.
- Sarah's Retinoblastoma HomePage (Australia) Sarah was diagnosed with retinoblastoma at age 4 yrs. The site includes information and pictures of Sarah.
- SunSmart - a program of the Cancer Council Victoria (Australia) The site includes information to preschools, primary and secondary schools. Provides policy advice and training for teachers. Includes a PDF file [Be SunSmart] for Lower to Middle Secondary - Health Education
- Welcome to Terri's Place (Australia) Terri was just 2yrs old she was diagnosed with a rare spinal cord tumour in August 1993. These pages tell of her brave fight against cancer.
Back to the Menu