See also Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Cancer Registries
- Cancer Epidemiology
- General Epidemiology Resources
See also Cancer Clinical Trials
See also Statistics
See also Disease Specific Information
See also Cancer Aetiology
- Cancer Clusters (CancerNet) Fact sheet. This includes a description of what a cancer cluster is, how environmental and hereditary factors need to be assessed, and how cancer clusters will be investigated and reported.
- Cancer Death Rates Declined for the First time ever in the 1990's (CancerNet) Fact Sheet. Death rates from cancer in the USA delined for the first time in 1990, attributed to tobacco control, early detection, and advances in treatment.
- National Cancer Institute Research on Causes of Cancer in Children (CancerNet, USA) This factsheet gives an overview of NCI research findings and ongoing studies investigating the causes of childhood cancer.
- Ask C/NET including California Cancer Registry Information (USA)
- Atlas of Cancer Mortality in the United States, 1950-1994 (National Cancer Institute, USA) an online book contains databases, text, and graphics files showing the geographic patterns of cancer death rates. Maps of different cancer types by county and state economic area (SEA), customizable maps etc.
- Canadian Cancer Statistics (Health Canada) English and French language support. Annual reports providing detailed incidence and mortality information by disease type, sex, age, and province.
- Cancer in Iowa: 1973-1992 (Cancer Registry of Iowa) report for the 10 years 1973 - 1992
- Cancer Incidence in East Anglia 1999 (UK) The web site includes incidence data for East Anglia prepred by the East Anglian Cancer Intelligence Unit.
- Cancer Statistics for the UK Cancer Research UK
- Division of Epidemiology of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) (Germany) a government organisation based in Heidelberg. The Division of Epidemiology web site includes details of research programmes, a cancer atlas, staff, contact information, conferences etc. German and English language.
- EMF / Powerlines and Cancer FAQ (Sci.Med.Physics - Oxford University)
- European Facts and Figures for Cancer (IARC data via TeleScan)
- Facts and figures of cancer in the European Community (IARC) 1993.
- Genetic Epidemiology (Journal)
- Health Canada - Cancer Bureau (Canada) The Bureau conducts and is developing cancer surveillance programs and risk assessment networks. Details about the bureau and its divisions, publications, links etc. English and French Language.
- NCI Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (Bethesda, MA, USA) DCEG is an intramural research division of the NCI involved in population based research. The Web site includes details of programs and branches, publications, and the Linkage quarterly newsletter.
- Review of Cancer Studies Reveals Unclear Link to Texas Industries (The University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center)
- Servicio de Epidemiología del Cáncer (Spain) a programme of the Centro Nacional Epidemiologica (CNE) started in 1991 to investigate cancer epidemiology in Spain. Detailed mortality reports. Spanish language
********** Information for Health Professionals ***********
- Globcan 1: Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide in 1990 (JAVA) (Cancer Mondial, International Agency for Research on Cancer) An interactive program to generate charts, cancer-maps, tables for cancer incidence by disease type, gender and country. Requires a JAVA enabled browser.
- Atlas de Mortalidad por Cáncer y Otras Causas España 1975-1986 -Mortality Atlas of Cancer (Servicio de Epidemiología del Cáncer, Madrid, Spain) Spanish and English language
- Basic and Clinical Aspects of Prostate Cancer Abstracts from a meeting on Epidemiology, Genetics, Gene Function, and Hormones 1994
- Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention A journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. Table of Contents, Editorial Board, Instructions for authors etc.
- Cancer Incidence and Survival among Children and Adolescents (USA) a detailed report from the SEER Program, 1975-1995, including disease specific chapters in PDF format.
- Cancer Mondial - IARC (Unit of Descriptive Epidemiology, International Agency for Research of Cancer) This project provides online access to IARC held data on the incidence, prevalence, survival and mortality of cancer around the world.
- Cancer Mortality Databank - WHO (Cancer Mondial, IARC) Data from the World Health Organisation.The database gives access to mortality data by year, cancer type and country.
- Cancer Registry Information Technology Committee Group (UK) the web site includes detailed discussion documents
- data file for lung cancer rates vs average radon levels in U.S. counties Information for researchers. Anonymous FTP, user ID as 'anonymous', password as your e-mail address. cd ~ftp/users/b/l/blc 3 files including [short92.definitions] University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Dictionary of Epidemiology (University of Oxford)
- Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis (Journal)
- Epidemiology And Clinical Trials Interest Group This is a Special Interest Group of the National Institutes of Health with membership open to researchers in other DHHS agencies. The Web site includes details of membership, meetings and seminars, and Email archives.
- EUCAN90: Cancer in the European Union 1990 (Cancer Mondial, International Agency for Cancer Research) the site provides data by country for cancer incidence, mortality and prevalance for 1990.
- Female Cancer Cases in Ireland 1994 (Summary) (CanCom)
- Genetic Epidemiology Page (University of California, San Diego)
- GenTools Software (GenLink) Software for analysis and manipulation of genetic linkage data
- HUM-MOLGEN computational genetics resource
- Human Population Genetics Laboratory (Stamford University, USA)
- IARC Unit of Environmental Cancer Epidemiology (International Agency for Research on Cancer) Details of research and selected publications.
- IARC Unit of Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention (International Agency for Research on Cancer) Details of research and selected publications.
- International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICDO) Topographic codes summary
- International Genetic Epidemiology Society (IGES) The Society is devoted to the development of the methodology for, and undertaking of studies of disease in a manner that integrates both host and environmental factors. The Web site includes details of membership, meetings, committees and announcements.
- Karolinska Institute: Division of Genetic Epidemiology (Sweden) overview of ongoing studies including the Swedish Twin Registry.
- Laboratory of Statistical Genetics - Genetic Linkage Analysis (Rockefeller University, USA)
- Leukemia Mortality in The USA (1950 - 1980) by Russel Brown (USA)
- National Cancer Registrars Association (USA) a non-profit, professional organization formed in 1974. The purposes of the NCRA are to establish standards of education for registrars and to keep members informed about the latest methods and trends in incidence etc.
- National Society of Genetic Counselors, Inc (USA)
- NCI Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (Bethesda, MA, USA) The Web site includes details of DCCPS programs including behavioural, genetic, epidemiology, surveillance, and survivorship research. It includes details of international registries for familial breast and colorectal cancers.
- New South Wales: Incidence and Mortality 1994 (Australia) a detailed on-line report
- NYU Women's Health Study - an epidemiology study of Breast Cancer (New York University Medical Center, USA)
- Quantitative Genetic Epidemiology (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, USA)
- RadEFX(sm) Radiation Health Effects Research Resource (Baylor College of Medicine)
- Registry Plus - Software for Central Cancer Registries (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA)
- S.A.G.E. (Statistical Analysis for Genetic Epidemiology) (Case Western Reserve University, USA) software funded by the NIH National Center for Research Resources
- Unit of Descriptive Epidemiology at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Includes information on cancer incidence, mortality, and resources for cancer registries
- University of Melbourne: Genetic Epidemiology Unit (Australia) details of the unit which includes the Australian NHMRC Twin Registry and Australian Breast Cancer Family Study.
See also Cancer Registeries
See also Aetiology
See also Disease Oriented Menu
See also Clinical Trials
- Epidemiology (journal) A publication of The International Society for Environmental Epidemiology. The web site includes tables of contents, abstracts, information for contributors etc.
- POPLine (National Library of Medicine, USA) database of epidemiological publications
- SuperCourse in Epidemiology (Global Health Network) On line lecture slides.
********** Information for Health Professionals ***********
- Cochrane Collaboration The Cochrane Collaboration is an international organisation involved in preparing, maintaining and disseminating systematic reviews in all areas of health care. The site includes details of Cochrane centres, review groups, etc.
- Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Resource (CEDR) (U.S. Department of Energy) public access to health and exposure data concerning DOE installations.
- Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology - University of Virginia School of Medicine (USA) Includes technical reports, presentations (PDF format), teaching materials, and statistical computing tools.
- Duke's Occupational and Environmental Medicine list of New Materials A site containing links to current news relaeses by NIOSH, OSHA, EPA, WHO. Includes some pages relating to occupational and environmental carcinogens.
- Epidemiology (Virtual Librarry) Contains a section on Cancer
- EpiInfo - Data entry and analysis program (DOS) (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) The EpiInfo program can be downloaded from this site.
- ICD-9 codes (Center for Disease Control - FTP site) download ICD-9 in RTF format
- International Journal of Epidemiology (Journal)
- Medical Geopgraphy Page For researchers interested in the geography of health and diseases, GIS etc.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (Centers for Disease Controll and Prevention, USA)
- National Center for Health Statistics (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA) this government site includes a wide variety of health data including a database and search facilities.
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Becomes More Common, and More Treatable (FDA) feature article based on data from the National Cancer Institute
- OCC-ENV-MED-L Internet Mail-list Occupational and Envirommental Medicine list. Includes some discussion of carcinogens.
- ONS Longitudinal Study (UK) This site is based upon the census and vital event data (births, cancers, deaths) routinely collected for 1% of the population of England and Wales - approximately 500,000 individuals. It includes Downloadable data sets.
- Professor P. Pierre Philippe's Dynamic Epidemiology / Biology WWW Page Contains epidemiology information and links, especially for methodology and non-linier dynamic epidemiology.
- Public Health Surveillance - Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (USA) This is part of the Epidemiology Program Office of the CDC. This page includes details of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System, and Mortality and Surveillance data.
- Statistical Information System - World Health Oraganisation (WHOSIS)
- Weekly Epidemiological Record (World Health Organisation) bilingual English/French edition
- World Health Organisation - Office of World Health Reporting (WHO) this site contains world health data including statistics in annual World Health Reports from 1995 onwards. English and Spannish language.
- World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Epidemiology An index of epidemiology links including a section on cancer.
See also Cancer Registeries
See also Cancer Epidemiology